How often do we realize how much time goes into preparing a sermon. I knew stats that said a really good sermon takes between 20 and 30 hours of preperation. Since I am prepping mine right now, I thought last weekend when I really started to get my hands dirty that I could have this done in 10 or 15 hours total. Well guess what, I was wrong. But this whole experience has made me realize how much I appreciate my pastors for doing this week in and week out. It is hard to do this with not only school but also gearing up for our youth service on Sunday. I have thought that throughout this whole thing that when I get a chance to be a youth pastor or pastor someday that this won't seem so bad because I won't have school and stuff to distract me, because that will be my job. Then I was thinking last night in bed, because that's where most of my great ideas come from when I can't sleep, that this won't be as easy as I think when I get a chance to be a pastor because of the responsibilities I will have to my congregation of youth group. So I think this is something more than just prepping a sermon, but it is prepping me for life in ministry. On Sunday, the only two things that I want to do is Worship God while pleasing Him, and accurately talk about His Word because of passages like Galatians 1 and James 3.
Oh God, help me to be accurate with the words that you have given us.
God help me to be your mouth piece, and do not let me get in the way!
Lord, the thing I ask is Use me!
I ask for those of who you read this that you would pray for me as I start to come to ending of my sermon prep. There is still quite a bit to do, but it is coming down to the wire. Please pray that God would use this experience to show me what He can do. It's not about me and my great speaking ability, but it is about the Holy Spirit using me to work in the lives of many people that will hear what we as GARRA have to say on Sunday! Lord use us to do some pretty awesome things this Sunday at Faith Baptist Church!
I have been and will continue to pray!
ReplyDelete